This is a fun little dish Ellen and I made together! Connie is always our photographer, but we all eat together! Veggie friendly and fun to make! You can add or take away vegetables as you wish, make this your dish!
5 large bell peppers
1 cup onion, chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup Israeli cous cous
1 cup vegetable broth
1/4 cup goat cheese
parsley for garnish
salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Cut tops from the bell peppers; discard seeds and membranes.
Save one bell pepper to use as stuffing.
2. Chop enough of the tops to make 1/4 cup, set aside.
3. Place 4 of the peppers on a baking dish and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
4. Cook the cous cous in vegetable broth on medium heat for 20 minutes, until tender.
5. Dice the onion, garlic and remaining bell pepper.
6. Remove the peppers from the oven and sprinkle insides of peppers lightly with salt. In a skillet cook onion, garlic, bell pepper and corn until vegetables are tender, then add in couscous.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Stuff peppers with vegetable mixture. Place in a baking dish.
9. Bake, covered in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
10. Remove peppers from oven, add goat cheese and parsley on top.
Eat up my friends!